The Association of Black Cardiologists, CardioVascular Coalition, the CLI Global Society, Preventative Cardiovascular Nurse Association, Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions and the Society of Interventional Radiology have come together to form the PAD Task Force.
The PAD Task Force’s mission is to collectively advance a comprehensive strategy that combines increased public awareness and robust screening with non-amputation treatment measures and multidisciplinary care. Specifically, the PAD Task Force is asking the Administration to convene an intragovernmental workgroup to develop a standardized model for amputation reduction and raise awareness on the issue.
PAD Task Force Materials:
- Op-ed in The Hill: Congress: Support the ARC Act to prevent amputations
- Press Release: PAD Task Force Welcomes Society of Interventional Radiology
- Op-ed in Morning Consult: Reduce American Amputations by Enacting Comprehensive Solutions to PAD
- Press Release: New PAD Task Force Joins Lawmakers in Calling for Policies to Reduce Amputations for Patients with Peripheral Artery Disease
- Slide Presentation: Preventing Unnecessary Amputations: Peripheral Artery Disease and Congressional Responses